More than 7,500 kilometres of coastline, 60 million people, Italy's regions, more than 200 types of pasta, great poets and thinkers, fashion and fine arts - and always and everywhere the Romans.
Welcome to a quick round of local history: This is Italy! Everything you need to know about Italy - facts and history, cities, media, mangiare & more.
P.S. The page is constantly updated. It's worth coming back.
Italy's regions, towns and villages
Italy's BELLA VITA
Bella Italia is so beautiful!
- 8 reasons why Bella Italia is especially beautiful in winter
- City quiz: Milan, Florence or Rome?
- Attention, rip-off: The tourist traps in Rome
- Insider tip: This is what awaits you in Puglia!
- GAY FRIENDLY travel in Italy: Benvenuti!
- Olive oil from Italy - All about the green goldItaly and the olive trees, an ancient love story. Italian cuisine without olive oil is unimaginable. Today, olives are a billion-dollar business.
- Where everyone wants to go! - The 10 most popular cities in ItalyForewarning: Could get fuller, especially in summer! The 10 most popular cities and places in Italy: This is where many people would like to go (at least) once in their lives...
- SOPHIA LOREN - The story of a super divaSophia Loren (88), the super diva from Italy, A skinny girl from Naples who becomes Hollywood's favourite. In show business for 60 years.
- MEATLESS IN ITALY - Everything for vegans and vegetariansDepending on which region you are in Italy, you automatically eat vegetarian (or vegan). Everything you need to know about vegans and vegetarians in Italy...
- RESEARCHED! - Why Italy speaks with its handsFull body effort is also required when speaking in Italy. Scientists have discovered why people in Bella Italia talk with their hands.
- CHEESE LOVE - Buffalo mozzarella, burrata or fior di latte?It's almost a feeling of being in love when you bite into mozzarella: Fresh, creamy milk flavour, delicately melting aromas. Seduction in white.
- HOLIDAY IN RIMINI - The whole story of the Adriatic legendQuietly and secretly, the legendary place on the Adriatic has given itself a facelift. So much for 80s fustiness and permanent parties. Rimini, the whole story.
- EMOZIONI! - Italian hits to sing along withGoosebumps, longing and memories you didn't even have. There are the Italian songs that go straight to the heart.
- Why is everyone in Italy a dottore?
- Nudism: What is allowed in Italy?
- Dolce Vita: Lifestyle & Everyday Life in Italy
- Social media: trends and stars in Italy
- Cult stars "Umarells": How Italy's pensioners became famous
- Cult on wheels! The birth of the Vespa
- Made for Italy: the mission...
- Spaghetti facts: Hard facts about the long pasta
- Hotels in Italy: This is what is stolen most often!
Photo Auosta Valley: Orietta Gaspari/Getty Images Signature via canva.com