More than 7,500 kilometres of coastline, 60 million people, Italy's regions, more than 200 types of pasta, great poets and thinkers, fashion and fine arts - and always and everywhere the Romans.
Welcome to a quick round of local history: This is Italy! Everything you need to know about Italy - facts and history, cities, media, mangiare & more.
Bella Italia is so beautiful...
P.S. The page is constantly updated. It's worth coming back.
Italy's regions, towns and villages
TOP 10 - The 10 most popular villages in Italy
Rome, Venice and Florence are world-famous. But Italy's little ones are also highly sought after. The country's most popular villages... >>> more
THE STIEF FROM TOP TO BOTTOM - 20 regions, one Bella Italia
A quick round of local history: the boot from top to bottom. Italy and its 20 regions, from the Aoasta Valley in the north to Sicily in the south. Italy in brief... >>> more
TOP 10 - The 10 largest cities in Italy
Rome is pompous, Florence is dolce vita, Milan is baroque and Naples is to die for: welcome to a quick city overview. From Catania to Rome: the ten greatest. >>> more
Bella Venezia - The Curse of Beauty
The number of inhabitants is falling, the number of tourists is rising. Venice is paying a high price for its beauty. On average, three people move away every day.... >>> more
Only with ticket! - What will change in Venice from 2023?
Anyone visiting Venice from January 2023 will need a ticket. You have to order it online in advance. Exceptions apply to holidaymakers staying overnight in Venice and, of course, locals. >>> more
COINS & LOVE - Much drama at the Trevi Fountain in Rome
The world star among fountains. 26 metres high, 50 metres wide: The "Fontana die Trevi" is exemplary for splendour and pomp in Rome - and emozioni grandi... >>> more
- Gene mutation: Why there are no heart attacks in Limone sul Garda...
- San Gimignano: The Manhattan of Tuscany
MAMMA MIA! - It's all about mangiare!
A very important topic, if not THE topic in Italy: MANGIARE. EAT! Mangiare plays an elementary role in Italy. The most important things for breakfast, lunch and dinner... >>> more
ITALY'S GASTRONOMY - From Agriturismo to Trattoria...
The gastronomic choice in Italy is opulent. Trattoria, osteria or rosticceria: where do you get which dishes. Italian gastronomic culture in fast-forward. >>> more
PASTA, BASTA! - Top 10: Italy's most famous pasta
A plate of pasta is happiness with a meal. There are more than 600 types of pasta in Italy: do you know the ten best known? The main thing is pasta, basta. >>> more
FROM NORTH TO SOUTH - This is how delicious Italy eats
Italy from North to South: We eat our way through. The theme Mangiare is elementary in Italy, but looks very different in every region. Italy's cuisine, enjoy it - from the Aosta Valley to Sicily. >>> more
ITALY'S CUISINE - This is how hearty the Aosta Valley eats
Lots of meat, lots of cheese, cabbage and turnips - there's no pizza or pasta here. The mountain region is a paradise for hearty food. Our series: This is how Italy eats. Today: the Aosta Valley. >>> more
WOW! - The most beautiful beaches in Italy
More than 7,500 kilometres of coastline, almost 500 lakes! Italy's regions also spoil us with a wide selection when it comes to the sea and bathing. You can find the most beautiful beaches - awarded with the "Bandiera Blu" - in Italy here. >>> more
ITALY'S NORTH EAST - The Flower Riviera of Liguria
Italy's beach queen: Welcome to the Italian Riviera. 32 beaches in Liguria have been awarded the "Bandiera Blu". More than in any other region. >>> more
SUPER SOCIAL - The TOP 10 Instagram Icons
The best of the best: the TOP 3 SOCIAL MEDIA HEROES in Italy. An ex-factory worker, a model mother and a rich early retiree.... >>> more
ALL ONLINE - 128 percent have a mobile phone
BEST OF - These are the TikTokers you should check out
Emozioni are definitely there, and often mangiare is also involved. No wonder that the most successful TikToker in the world comes from Italy. Here is a best of... >>> more
- Florence, you will fall in love....
- The most important questions before the election in Italy
- Practical! The best links for your trip to Italy
- Where is what in Italy: A round of local history...
- Where is what in Italy: A round of local history...
- 8 reasons why Bella Italia is especially beautiful in winter
- City quiz: Milan, Florence or Rome?
- Attention, rip-off: The tourist traps in Rome
- Insider tip: This is what awaits you in Puglia!
- GAY FRIENDLY travel in Italy: Benvenuti!
- Where everyone wants to go! - The 10 most popular cities in ItalyForewarning: Could get fuller, especially in summer! The 10 most popular cities and places in Italy: This is where many people would like to go (at least) once in their lives...
- Olive oil from Italy - All about the green goldItaly and the olive trees, an ancient love story. Italian cuisine without olive oil is unimaginable. Today, olives are a billion-dollar business.
- EXQUISITE CUISINE - Record! 385 Michelin stars for ItalyA shower of stars for Bella Italia! In the new Michelin Guide, more stars than ever before go to Italy. Almost 400 Italian restaurants have been awarded.
- PASTA-QUIZ - How well do you know Italian pasta?Lasagne, spaghetti, penne, cannelloni or tortellini: How good do you taste pasta from Italy? Are you a real connoisseur or do you eat everything on your plate?
- GINA LOLLOBRIGIDA (†95) - The first Italian super diva: a country takes a bowRome - At her greatest times, she made the otherwise undercooled blonde beauties in Hollywood sweat. Gina Lollobrigida was an icon of international cinema.
- TOP 10! - These Italian films are blockbustersGreat cinema from Italy! Which Italian films have performed best in the cinemas? Here is the current TOP 10 ranking of the most successful movies of all time...
- ITALY FOREVER - 100 years lie between these photosThe longing for paradise. These (then) sensational photographs were taken a good 100 years ago. They show Italy as an enchanting dream world - for the first time in colour.
- CHEESE LOVE - Buffalo mozzarella, burrata or fior di latte?It's almost a feeling of being in love when you bite into mozzarella: Fresh, creamy milk flavour, delicately melting aromas. Seduction in white.
- Why is everyone in Italy a dottore?
- Nudism: What is allowed in Italy?
- Dolce Vita: Lifestyle & Everyday Life in Italy
- Social media: trends and stars in Italy
- Cult stars "Umarells": How Italy's pensioners became famous
- Cult on wheels! The birth of the Vespa
- Made for Italy: the mission...
- Spaghetti facts: Hard facts about the long pasta
- Hotels in Italy: This is what is stolen most often!
Photo Auosta Valley: Orietta Gaspari/Getty Images Signature via canva.com