The man on his knees, a ring in his hand, plus a good dozen red heart balloons. Not a particularly imaginative marriage proposal. But the love of Giuseppe and Milina from Naples is clicking: More than 73 million people watch their video...
Giuseppe is 19 and Milina 74. How real is this "love": the story behind the story:
"Always choose what makes you happy. I CHOOSE YOU"Giuseppe writes on the photo of his apparent proposal that he posts on Instagram. Almost 1500 likes, 74 mostly well-wishing congratulations. But how violent is the reaction to Tiktok: more than 70 million people celebrate this love - and click on the video!!!
The marriage proposal on Tiktok
Love for clicks: What's behind the story?
The dissolution of the supposed romance is just as spectacular as the proposal to Tiktok -. LIVE on the daily Italian afternoon show "Pomeriggio Cinque". (translated "Afternoon Five") on Canale 5.
An audience of millions learns in the programme that Milena is actually Giuseppe's grandmother.t!!!
The resolution live on television
With this spectacular action, the grandson simply wanted to say thank you and show his grandmother how great his love really is - it has nothing to do with clicks, he says on TV. The widow deserves everything that her husband can no longer give her.
Real clicks, true love?
Some comments suggest that Giuseppe simply wanted maximum attention with the fake marriage proposal. A contact for advertising enquiries is given on his profile, just in case.
The fact is in any case: Giuseppe obviously loves his grandma. His entire Tiktok channel is an ode to the elderly lady. The two of them go to the hairdresser, try on evening dresses, eat, shop, style. Let's give them a little (love) attention...
P.S. For the sake of correctness: The video has been viewed 73 million times. This does not automatically mean that 73 million people have seen the film. Double counting is possible. But in any case it was millions...
Love trip to Venice...?
Also interesting from Italy...
- RESEARCHED! - Why Italy speaks with its handsFull body effort is also required when speaking in Italy. Scientists have discovered why people in Bella Italia talk with their hands.
- ATTENTION, DISCOVERY - The tourist traps in ROMEThe eternal city, incredibly beautiful and incredibly old. In order to have good memories of your visit to Rome, you should avoid the rip-off traps.
- BUONGIORNO! -Why everyone in Italy is a dottoreItaly without a title is like Italy without spaghetti. In the land of Ferrari, Gucci & Co. it's not simply "Mr" or "Mrs"! A little flattery does not hurt.
- Olive oil from Italy - All about the green goldItaly and the olive trees, an ancient love story. Italian cuisine without olive oil is unimaginable. Today, olives are a billion-dollar business.
- Where everyone wants to go! - The 10 most popular cities in ItalyForewarning: Could get fuller, especially in summer! The 10 most popular cities and places in Italy: This is where many people would like to go (at least) once in their lives...
- SOPHIA LOREN - The story of a super divaSophia Loren (88), the super diva from Italy, A skinny girl from Naples who becomes Hollywood's favourite. In show business for 60 years.
- Social media: trends and stars in Italy
- News from Italy: News!
- Cult stars "Umarells": How Italy's pensioners became famous
- Travelling in Italy: current trends, insiders and more
- Italy's beautiful towns & villages: check out...
...or would you prefer Rome?
written by Pietro Perroni, first published on 9 June 2022
Source: Canale 5: "Pomeriggio Cinque"; Tiktok/@milina_gatta; Instagram